Winter Skincare Favourites

It's been a while since i posted something beauty related, heck, it's been a while since i've posted anything! So i thought i'd get back in to the swing of things with one of my passions. Cruelty free skincare! Since my Lush days i've become a real advocate for products that feed the skin with natural ingredients and brands that have a strong ethos for animal welfare. 

It's been great for my spending and shopping habits, to take time to research brands who share these values and also to make sure what i'm putting on my body is going to benefit my skin in some way.
With that being said, there are some brands that i'm really enjoying supporting and particular products that i can't help but shout out about:


These beauties have been a savour for my skin with the change in weather. Unfortunately due to hormones and the cold, I've had a break out recently, and the best product to bring my skin back to normality was the Lush rosy cheeks fresh face mask. I fell in love with this one when it was released because of the smooth texture, it's so refreshing and cooling put on the face when straight out of the fridge. I've also been using BB Seaweed and Don't Look At Me which are also lovely, but feel the Rosy Cheeks has done the best job at banishing the blemishes.


My skin is dry at the best of times, so when winter draws in I try and stock up on the thickest, richest body moisturiser there is. I'm a bit fussy with body moisturisers but I find when purchasing nature inspired products tend to be a lot more hydrating, most natural products use a lot of plant based oils and extracts which my skin just loves. Armed with determination to find the perfect winter lotion, I went to my local health store and straight to the body section. They have a tester of most things so I was in my element squeezing the tubes of lotion and smelling each one. Of course, I could not resist this vanilla lotion by Jason, a brand I've had some experience with and really keen to try more of, this product does not disappoint! With aloe Vera, sunflower, coconut, sugar cane am course vanilla it's a real treat to use every day.


I also found this Sukin facial moisturiser at my local health food store and loved the texture when I tried it on in the shop. I usually spend a lot more on a facial moisturises so for £8 I was quite impressed. I actually came across this brand for the first time in TK Maxx, while browsing the hair care. The quality of the both products I've used has been brilliant, so again I'm keen to try more. I also discovered Orico London's face oil in TK Maxx. I don't even know what possessed me to buy it because I've never used a face oil, but I absolutely adore it! The bottle is empty but I've used it every day for the past 3 months, it makes my makeup go on so smoothly with no under eye creases and for an oil, it's not at all greasy, it sinks right in to the skin. I'm going to do a bit more research on this brand because I think I'm going find some new skincare staples with them.


Now Dr Organic is another brand I adore, from head to toe there's a product to suit any skin type and any preference. I've only ever seen them in Holland and Barrett, and it was a real chore choosing just one product but I was looking for a facial wash because I'm not a fan of using cleansers. I like my face to be squeaky clean when I get out of the shower, and this does exactly that. I haven't particularly noticed it to be deep pore cleansing but I'm enjoying it nonetheless!

I would encourage anyone to go and have a try of at least one of these or if you're like me and love s good rummage, TK Maxx is amazing for finding new cruelty free brands and skincare.

Labels: , ,