Chia seeds, tiny but mighty little things. I've quickly grown to love them after reading up on their many health benefits and seeing them used in many a breakfast recipe. so here are my top reasons why you should love them too:
- If you're vegetarian like me, they contain lots of protein (4 grams per ounce to be precise), which is just one reason why us veggies or even vegans should add them to our diet.
- They make the yummiest pudding! I'll share my favourite uses for them below.
- A jar of them will last me AGES, all you need is a few table spoons of it per day to reap it's many health benefits.
- They basically count as a multi-vitamin, containing Vit B1, B2, AND B3 alongside Zinc and potassium, yay!
- They're high in antioxidants which are great at fighting off free radicals that make your skin age, always good to start early with these things right?!
These are just a handful of reasons to love chia seeds, now here are my favourite uses for them:
add them to your breakfast bowl, i like them sprinkled on top of my porridge.
add a teaspoon to some natural yogurt and fruit jam.. my favourite go to snack at the minute!
Chai seed pudding, look at this gorgeous jar of deliciousness, when soaked in water or milk, the seeds puff up creating a rice pudding like consistency. I found this recipe on 'This Rawsome Vegan Life' HERE
, it can be adapted to your liking, using coconut milk instead of water. I added honey, and coconut chips.
I've also found some fab recipes incorporating chia seeds, making it so easy to add to your daily diet:
Have you tried chia seeds before? Comment below your experience with them !
- Make your own delicious vegan snack bars with chia seeds, lemon and raspberry HERE
- You can also use them in a home made body scrub! find the recipe and more HERE
Labels: chia seeds, health benefits, health food, healthy, recipe, vegan, vegetarian